The Lussier Community Education Center is a fast-paced, community-minded, Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates interested in any position with the LCEC should support our mission (building community, creating opportunities, enriching education), demonstrate multicultural competency, and be able to work with diverse populations. People of color and those bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Current Staff Openings
- Communications and Development Coordinator – This full-time position builds awareness, raises funds, and communicates impact while ensuring the best in donor communications, data management, direct mail appeals, print and online newsletters, web and social media updates, planning/follow-through for events, and overall strengthening of the LCEC’s relationships with donors and partners. Applications received by June 10 will be given first consideration.
- Middle School Programs Coordinator – This full-time position designs and leads afterschool and summer experiences for young people in grades 6-8 in two locations: at the LCEC and at Jefferson Middle School. Applications are currently being accepted.
- Elementary Afterschool (and Summer) Lead Teacher (June 17 or sooner) – This position (22 hours per week during the school year and full-time in the summer) helps create and run our comprehensive, state licensed afterschool and summer camp programs for children in grades K-5. Applications are currently being accepted.
- Middle School Afterschool (and Summer) Lead Teacher (June 17 or sooner) – This position (22 hours per week during the school year and full-time in the summer) helps create and run our comprehensive afterschool and summer camp programs for young people in grades 6-8. Applications are currently being accepted.
- Fall paid service through AmeriCorps (Sept 3, 2019 to Aug 31, 2020) – One full-time AmeriCorps position with the LCEC’s Youth Resource Center for middle-schoolers and part-time positions with the LCEC’s Teen Build Up program for high-schoolers. To express interest, complete and return the PASS AmeriCorps Application (not the usual LCEC application).
Candidates for any staff opening (except AmeriCorps service positions) must complete the LCEC’s required employment application and return it to 55 S Gammon Rd, Madison WI 53717 or email it to susan@LCECmadison.org. A cover letter and resume without application may prompt initial consideration, but a completed LCEC application form will be required at or before interview. Applications for each position will be accepted until that position is filled. AmeriCorps applicants, please complete and return the PASS AmeriCorps application linked above.