The Lussier Community Education Center is a fast-paced, community-minded, Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates interested in any position with the LCEC should support our mission (building community, creating opportunities, enriching education), demonstrate multicultural competency, and be able to work with diverse populations. People of color and those bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Current Staff Openings
- Operations Manager – This new full-time position ensures a safe, vibrant, welcoming, productive and organized Center for staff, volunteers and community members. This position is responsible for public use of the Center and management of facilities, general office operation, and human resource administration. We’ll give first consideration to applications received by Friday, April 19, 2019.
- Elementary Programs Coordinator – This full-time position is both a classroom lead teacher and the offsite supervisor at John Muir Elementary School for our state licensed afterschool and summer camp programs for children in grades K‑5. We’ll give first consideration toapplications received by Thursday, April 11, 2019.
- Middle School Programs Coordinator – This full-time position designs and leads afterschool and summer experiences for young people in grades 6-8 in two locations: at the LCEC and at Jefferson Middle School. We’ll give first consideration to applications received by Thursday, April 11, 2019.
- Teen Build Up and Buffett Scholars Programs Coordinator – This full-time position helps design and run the LCEC’s Teen Build Up afterschool program and Youth Action Summer Internship for youth in grades 9‑12. They also coordinate our Jane Burrows Buffett Scholars program. We’ll give first consideration toapplications received by Thursday, April 11, 2019.
- Elementary Afterschool (and Summer) Lead Teacher – This position (22 hours per week during the school year and full-time in the summer) helps create and run our comprehensive, state licensed afterschool and summer camp programs for children in grades K-5. Applications are still being accepted.
- Summer paid service through AmeriCorps – Two 300-hour positions with the LCEC are available, one serving with our Youth Action Summer Internship (a leadership, organizing, and career development internship for 10–12 high school youth) and the other supporting our middle school summer camp and focused employment readiness program. To express interest, complete and return this PASS AmeriCorps Application (not the usual LCEC application).
Candidates for any staff opening (except AmeriCorps service positions) must complete the LCEC’s required employment application and return it to 55 S Gammon Rd, Madison WI 53717 or email it to susan@LCECmadison.org. A cover letter and resume without application may prompt initial consideration, but a completed LCEC application form will be required at or before interview. Applications for each position will be accepted until that position is filled. AmeriCorps applicants, please complete and return the PASS AmeriCorps application linked above.