Happening at the LCEC...
2013 Buffett Scholars Kiarra Little and
- Youth Gallery Night
Thursday, May 23, 5:15- 7:30 p.m.
Join us to celebrate youth and community art!
Enjoy performances by children and youth in the LCEC afterschool programs, view art from our programs and surrounding schools on display throughout the Center, and take part in a community art project while you are here!
Dinner sponsored by the Willy Street Co-op and prepared by guest chefs. Dessert buffet provided by Madison College Baking and Decorative Arts program.
The LCEC wants to thank A Fund for Children, Madison Community Foundation for its support of arts programming for children and youth enrolled in our afterschool programs.
- Help us raise more than $5,000 for our children's programs by participating in the NFL Alumni raffle!
Tickets are $20 (85% goes to our children's programs)
Buy your ticket now!
Prizes include Packer tickets, vacation, cash prizes, and much more!
- We are hiring for Summer! Elementary Summer Assistant and Youth Resource Center Summer Assistant positions are available. Weekend Custodian position open as well. Click Here for more information.
- LCEC Wish List Do you have an item you think we need? Check out our Wish List page to find out.
- Free Job Clinic The LCEC's Job Clinic volunteers can help with resumes, cover letters and job searching on Mondays and Thursdays from 12-2pm. Click Here for more information.
- Looking to Reserve Space at the LCEC? Find out more on our Space Rental page.
- Our 2011 Annual Report is available online. Click here to download a copy.
The Lussier Community Education Center is an innovative, inter-generational, green built, community center on the west side of Madison, Wisconsin. We are located on the grounds of Jefferson Middle and Memorial High Schools.
Our center has evolved out of the Wexford Ridge Neighborhood Center (WRNC) which has been serving and nurturing a growing population on Madison's west side for over 30 years.
Our mission is: building community, creating opportunity, enriching education.
The Plan: mapping our future
In the fall of 2010, the LCEC developed a new mission, vision, and priorities through a participatory community planning process. We are excited about our future and invite you to read The Plan: mapping our future
We hope you will stop by and join in some of the programs, volunteer your time, or rent our facility.
For more information on any of the programs, services, or opportunities feel free to call our staff at (608) 833-4979 or stop in. You can also learn more about our Programs and Services on the What We Do
page of our website.
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 7:00pm
Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm
Certain events and programs may occur outside of these hours. Please call if you have specific questions.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Electronic Newsletter
Lussier Community Education Center
55 S. Gammon Road
Madison, WI 53717