SOLID: A Campaign for Brighter Futures got a HUGE boost on March 8 when CUNA Mutual Group Foundation announced a $300,000 grant to the LCEC. The first $100,000 will provide general support to all LCEC programs and the remaining $200,000 will be used to TRIPLE new giving through SOLID.
What is a SOLID gift?
What some organizations call a sustaining gift, we call SOLID. It may be an automatic monthly gift by credit card or bank transfer. It may be an annual pledge for 3-8 years. What sustainers and SOLID donors have in common is their long-term commitment to taking great care of the neighbors and community that surround them.
What is this new SOLID challenge?
This extraordinary challenge grant from CUNA Mutual Group Foundation will:
- TRIPLE the first year of any SOLID gift from a first-time donor to the LCEC
- TRIPLE the first year of any increase from regular LCEC donors who make their gifts SOLID
- Ensure that important strategic expansions of kids’ programs make a difference in our community
There’s something in this opportunity for everyone, and the real winner is the community that comes together to take care of itself here at the Center.
What will these SOLID gifts accomplish?
Everything you see happening at the Lussier Community Education Center — from violins to vegetables — is the result of an incredible web of people and groups sharing their gifts. With SOLID: A Campaign for Brighter Futures we are raising $1 million in multi-year gifts and pledges to form a SOLID foundation on which we all can grow, create, and care for one another.
With half, we’re making sure current opportunities are here today, tomorrow, and for years to come. With the remainder, we will be doing more, doing better, and stretching in three important ways:
- Minimizing learning loss and maximizing outdoor adventure with extended summer camp hours — coming summer 2018 thanks to SOLID gifts made in 2017!
- Serving our youngest afterschool students even better by improving coordination of their academic and social supports between LCEC staff and Muir Elementary School teachers
- Inspiring and fulfilling more college aspirations by doubling the Jane Burrows Buffett Scholars Program from 10 scholars to 20
Who’s already SOLID? More than 100 neighbors and colleagues have made their multi-year giving intentions known. You could be next!