Nearly 185 community members of all ages, backgrounds and musical tastes gathered outside the LCEC on Sept 24 to launch WWMV-LP 95.5 FM, Many Voices, One Community radio. Party-goers enjoyed great food from community chefs Jeanice Franklin and Kim Davis; abundant ice cream from Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream; diverse music from Trending Topic / X-Clusive Movement, Frankie Pobar Lay, Live Sounds / Native Sons, and Sangamam; and a wide variety of indoor activities, including mural painting with D.A.M.A., radio station identification recording, stop-motion animation with the Madison Bubbler, and circuit exploration with Edgewood College’s ROSE project.
Huge thanks go out to:
- Our radio staff, interns, and volunteers who organized and publicized the big event
- All of the musicians who brought life to the party
- Launch party supporters Greater Madison Jazz Consortium, Wisconsin Public Radio, Rosatti’s, Tri-North, Heid Music, Chocolate Shoppe, and Biaggi’s
- Radio supporters Don & Nancy Tubesing, Magic Pebble Foundation, Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools, City of Madison Emerging Opportunities Program
- Each and every GoFundMe campaign contributor and WWMV-LP member
You make radio possible! Read about and listen to WWMV-LP.